La Frontera EMPACT
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
The Discharge Planner provides case management and coordination for Adults designated Seriously Mentally Ill. Assists the treatment team in formulating discharge plans and service planning for all clients in inpatient settings. The Discharge Planner will participate in hospital staffing and treatment team meetings to assist in inpatient discharge planning. Assists outpatient team in any Court Ordered Paperwork as required for admissions and discharges, including amendments. Works with the Court Coordinator to ensure paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Bachelor's Degree in behavioral field or any combination education/experience that meets BHT requirements as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS required.
- Master's Degree in the behavioral health field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of case management or inpatient experience in behavioral health is required.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.